Friendship



When a friend asked me to write about friendship, I couldn’t see where to start, I didn’t know which words to use, I just felt gratitude and a smile on my face! Friends, the people we can’t do life without, I can only describe friendship as a ship carrying life, a ship full of love, laughter, lessons, hurts, and all the ups and downs one can mention.

It’s a ship which will take you extra miles but the ride won’t always be smooth but it’s always worth it. The people we call bad friends? I don’t think they are actually bad because at one point or another, they made an impact on our life, be it a bad or good one, we learnt a lesson from it, and as I told you the ship is carrying life and life is a series of lessons. 

It’s so ironic that life is all about love, yet we live most of it either searching, never finding, or messing it up. ~Behdad Sami

From what Sami said, friendship is then nothing but love! Since it carries life and life is all about love, my question to all of us today is why do we spend most of the ride without being appreciative and contented? We shouldn’t search for love because it is all around, it’s the ship’s engine. When you search for something that is right in front of you and don’t acknowledge it, you’ll never find! Ships are sailing your way but you have your back against the waters, friends, people who love you, want to be part of your life are right there but you’re so focused on other things and can’t see them. We sometimes let go of the ship’s wheel and end up drowning it because we were focused on the tides coming, on the islands we want to get on, on the storms we just passed, on other ships in the waters and forget our own ship won’t pilot itself. We take those friends we have for granted and we end up messing up the friendship.

Ships need maintenance, they need a good pilot and they need waters to sail on. Friendships should be like that, they should be taken good care of, where damaged, efforts should be made to repair, pilots should be good(genuine, loving, helping, caring, honest, trustworthy… name it), and lastly they should be watered. 

Don’t waste your time searching for what’s right in front of you, don’t mess up what you already have because of the past experiences or future aspirations, the moment is now! I hope when you hear the term friendship, it puts a smile on your face, I hope it makes you feel filled with love and I hope your heart is filled with gratitude for every friend life gave you. Those people made us sail this far, some are blessings, others are lessons but for me one thing I can truly say is that ever since I boarded the ship, I love and feel loved, I laugh and cry, I grow up in different aspects, and by this I know I’m truly living because the ship carries life. 

Give a chance to friendship and live


                                                                          ~Divine

Comments

Post a Comment