Pained but strong



The most innocent human being is a child but that didn’t matter, the one who fed you, gave milk to your kids, uwa kubyariye abana, uwo wakamugabiye inka.
Uwo wasezeranye kubana nawe mugatandukanywa n’urupfu, uwo ntiwakamwishe urubozo.
Your wife/husband, a neighbor, your children, your friends, innocent kids that you saw growing and playing in the neighborhood, uwa kugabiye, uwa kurereye, uwo ntiwakamuvukije ubuzima.
The 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi, abacu bapfa bazize uko bavutse, bapfana inzara n’inyota bari batunze, bagwa ku gasozi bari bubatse, bitwa inzoka bari bafite ubumuntu nyabumuntu.

Aba bantu bari beza, nibo twigiyeho ubupfura

We remember, I remember to prevent their memories from fading away, turibuka, ndibuka kugirango mbahe agaciro bambuwe bakwiye, nous nous souvenons, je me souviens pour pouvoir dire plus jamais au génocide.

I wasn’t born at the time but I heard stories, stories of the aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins and siblings I didn’t get the chance to meet. I saw sorrow in my parents’ eyes, I saw pain in the eyes of my cousins/ siblings who didn’t get the chance to say « mama, papa », I saw people mourn their loved ones and I longed for those I will never see. Nabonye inkovu abarokotse basigaranye, numvise ibikomere bafite k’umutima.
Sinari mpari gusa ndibuka, ndibuka kugirango izina ryabo ntirizigere rizima mpari, ndibuka kugirango mpore nzirikana ubutwari bw’abarokotse.

I remember but I also remind. I remind it is the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi, I remind that we will not allow our history to be belittled, or give room to deniers I remind that forgiving is not forgetting, tuzahora twibuka abacu twiyubaka, duharanira kusa icyivi cyabo.

Ijoro ribara uwariraye, sigaho wowe upfobya, sigaho wowe ukomeretsa.
Impore wowe wabuze abawe, komera wowe warokotse,
sugira Rwanda ngobyi iduhetse, ibuka munyarwanda aho urwango rwatugejeje maze wimike urukundo twubake urwa tubyaye.

Bariho kuko turiho, izina ryabo ntirizazima duhari

                             
                                                                      ~ Divine

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Emotions

Forgiveness

Firsts