Gratitude

 

Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.” – Henry Ward Beecher

I never rode a roller coaster but believe me when I tell you that this year has been like riding one! You scream out of fear, out of joy, get shocked and even cry sometimes, you literally experience all kinds of emotions… that’s how I think people riding roller coasters must feel, because that’s how my ride is! My life these past months has been a hella ride! and at some point along the ride, my head spun out of joy but also out of pain, the year got me into all kinds of emotions and I know it’s not only me, everyone got a ride of their own.

Roller coasters experiences are not always good, and so do life’s! I’ve been reflecting on everything that happened throughout the year, and the only word I came up with was gratitude. Not because these 10months have been good nor that I am sure the remaining 2 will be great but because what I have, I gave nothing to deserve it.

It is said that gratitude helps us see what’s there instead of what isn’t! Today I want you to stop thinking of what you lost, what pained you, what you never had or what you wish to have, just allow your heart to be grateful for what you have now. The ride might be harsh on you, the experience may not (be) have been a good one but value the gift of being able to still ride and don’t forget that sometimes there are screams of joy!

The life you are living, however way the ride may feel right now, somebody would appreciate riding your roller coaster, some people didn’t even get a chance to keep riding theirs. Everyone can name a lot of things that went wrong in life but no one can explain what they did to deserve the good side of life they experienced. Be grateful for the breath you have, for the people in your life, for everything you have, for who you are, and for the simple fact that you are alive, then live.

Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.(1Thessalonians5;18)



                                                                        ~Divine 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Emotions

Forgiveness

Firsts